Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cock Blocked

So something happened to me yesterday for the very first time.  (at least as far as I know??)  Someone blocked me on Twitter.  You might think this would be upsetting...and if it was someone I knew personally, or if I had actually done something to deserve it - it might be.  However, the hilarity that ensued during this incident makes it worth while.  As you all know (unless this is the first time you're ever reading this, or we've never met) I am a huge Carolina football fan.  I am a huge Gamecock fan in general, but nothing gets my heart pumping like football.  And nothing brings out the claws faster.  However, during this repartee I truly believe I kept my manners in check.  I didn't say anything ugly, I didn't attack anyone, and I didn't use foul language.  All three of which I admit I've been guilty of before.  I simply pointed out a fact & asked a question.  To that question I got a very snarky response, from a very sensitive "journalist".  I use that term lightly because I dare say if one of our sports reporters here at WACH responded to someone like that in a public forum they could be fired.  Some friends did come to my defense, and for that I was really appreciative.  Not so much because I needed defending, but because I was glad to know I really wasn't being ugly! I never set out to hurt people's feelings, and while I am opinionated and strong willed, I try very hard to at least be tactful about it...even when it comes to college football.  I don't really like the pseudo-anonymity that Twitter sometimes offers people.  I often type out a a tweet & think to myself, "would I say that to his face?".  If the answer is ever no - then I delete it.  Here is the conversation - I'll let you decide for yourself.  If I was in the wrong, and I sincerely mean this, let me know.  Of course it's a Twitter feed, so you need to start at the bottom and read your way up.





And while we're on the subject - I've also learned that I don't even know what being blocked means.  I can still see his tweets.  Can he not see mine? Or can he just not get my at replies? I mean...couldn't he just ignore me.  Guess not.  Oh and just for reference - here is the guy who was OH SO offended by my tweets! 


2 comments:

Paige said...

He's a puss. Yay for girl power and Go Cocks.

Elizabeth Gunn Reardon said...

thanks Paige! I agree...what a cry baby...like most Clemsux fans. Wah!